G&D possesses extensive experience from advising employers on the Swedish labour market. We possess broad expertise and in-depth knowledge of Swedish employment law, both practical and theoretical.
G&D's practice group for employment law matters primarily represents employers and our clients are both large and mid-sized Swedish companies as well as international companies.
We have extensive experience in helping employers navigate the myriad of detailed regulations which characterise employment law. During recent years the scope of employment law has increased, among other things due to the legislative work within the EU. In several areas and sectors, employees are the most valuable assets of a company and, therefore, it is of the utmost importance that issues related to employment law are handled correctly and smoothly. We can assist with these issues. This also involves foreign companies that are new to the Swedish market.
We offer quality advice in all types of employment law issues. This includes, inter alia,
- Strategic employment law advice in conjunction with mergers and acquisitions and reorganisations
- Employment law due diligence in conjunction with mergers and acquisitions
- Drafting of employment agreements for senior management and key employees
- Advice regarding the increasingly important question of the protection of trade secrets
- Assisting the employer in conjunction with redundancies and in conjunction with outsourcing, for example, in negotiations with affected labour organisations
- Assisting the employer in all types of individual matters, for example, in conjunction with the termination of employment for misconduct or redeployment
- Advice on discrimination-related issues
- Advice on pension-related issues
- Representing the employer as counsel before the court or before arbitration tribunals where a dispute with the employee cannot be solved through negotiations