Issues regarding environmental liability and risks often arise in connection with acquisitions, real-estate transactions, and raising capital. We provide our clients with legal and strategic advice on environmental law issues.
We have extensive experience in providing strategic advice in the field of environmental law, especially regarding issues that arise in various types of transactions. We also have leading-edge expertise in the EU legislation and practice which constitutes the primary basis for Swedish environmental law.
Our advice includes identification of environmental risks, as well as risk management and allocation of liability. We often collaborate with environmental consultants who perform technical investigations. In addition, we also advise in matters concerning environmental permits and, together with environmental consultants, determine whether the conditions for the permits are met.
Our services include:
- Environmental due diligence
- Operator’s liability in connection with business transfers
- Environmental liability in connection with real estate transactions
- Permits in connection with transactions
- Advice regarding liability for contaminations
- Examination of environmental risks
- Assistance in liability claims against polluters