Restructuring & Insolvency
Restructuring situations involve many stakeholders. Finding a solution acceptable to all parties requires a legal advisor who can offer strategic advice and creative solutions. We advise all types of stakeholders – ranging from companies with financial difficulties to large creditors – in various restructuring situations.
Our lawyers have a prominent position in the restructuring market in general and are the market leader in debt capital markets restructurings. We have advised on several of the Nordic region’s largest reconstructions and our extensive experience is regularly reflected by our ratings in independent rankings.
We provide ongoing advice to clients who are at risk of finding themselves in an insolvency situation. Our broad transaction experience makes it possible for our lawyers to be solution-oriented and find ways to satisfy more stakeholders than would be the case if the company were to be forced into bankruptcy. We also provide preparatory advice to our clients before a corporate reorganisation or bankruptcy procedure, and work closely with reorganisers and bankruptcy trustees.
In addition, we assist contractors that provide services to companies headed toward a reorganisation situation in managing the risks entailed in the situation. If a bankruptcy proceeding has already been initiated, we assist the creditor against the bankruptcy trustee.
Our services include:
- Restructuring of debt and equity
- Emergency financing
- Forced acquisitions and distressed deals
- Preventive and preparatory measures before a possible corporate reorganisation or bankruptcy
- Applications and safeguards regarding bankruptcy or corporate reorganisation
- Protecting the interests of creditors and owners in bankruptcy and corporate reorganisation
- Disputes (e.g. bankruptcy recovery)
- Questions about preferential rights, collateral, moratorium, personal liability of shareholders and the company's representatives, etc.
- Cross-border insolvency proceedings